Covid-19 safety at kingsway dermatology & cosmetic centre
Ensuring the health and safety of our patients, team, and community has always been, and remains, our top priority.
Our team at Kingsway Dermatology would like to share with you with the procedures and protocols we have in place to ensure a safe environment when you come to us for rejuvenation.
We are seeing patients by appointment only. Our goal is to limit the amount of people in the clinic at any given time. We respect social distancing by spacing people six feet apart, except when team members are servicing patients. To accomplish this, we’ve modified appointment timing and scheduling.
Preparing for your appointment
- Wear a face mask in the clinic at all times. Please bring a personal mask from home, as we will have a limited quantity available.
- Please arrive in clean clothing, with only your phone and form of payment.
- Please arrive no more than five minutes before your booked appointment, as designated waiting areas will no longer be available.
- Please attend appointments alone. Friends, family members, children, and pets will be asked to stay at home. Caregivers will be permitted to attend appointments.
- Please review the COVID pre-screen questionnaire attached below. If you answer yes to any questions, please call our office to reschedule your appointment.
Arriving at your appointment
- You will be asked to review the COVID-19 screening questionnaire posted on our entry doors and confirm if you are feeling well – no fever, cough, or difficulty breathing.
- Please disinfect your hands upon arrival, using the sanitizer provided. You may also use the rest room located directly across from the elevators. It is advised to wash hands with clean water for a minimum of 20 seconds.
- Outside food and drinks will not be permitted in the clinic. Serving beverages of any kind, magazines, and product testers will be temporarily unavailable.
During your appointment
- You will be greeted by our staff and guided to your treatment room.
- We will provide disposable examination paper and disposable drapes as required.
- Our team will be wearing a mask and disposable gloves for your entire procedure.
- Protective eyewear will be provided should your treatment require it.
- If you wish to purchase any retail products, a team member will have them ready for you at the end of your service.
After your appointment
Please prepare to pay for any services and products with cashless payments when possible. Mobile pay terminals will be cleaned before and after each transaction.
We have taken extra precautions and instituted rigorous cleaning procedures and protocols. Our team members have also received supplementary health and sanitation training to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We have mandated that all team members:
- Wear a mask at all times.
- Wear a face shield and a mask while performing any procedures on a patient.
- Wear a face shield during all face-to-face interactions with clients.
- Wash their hands before and after every appointment.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces before and after every appointment.
- Sanitize their hands throughout the service if they change devices or step away at any time.
- Use disposable supplies when possible.
- Stay home if they are sick or not feeling well.
We are deeply grateful for your support and
understanding during this time.
You can trust that your safety and care have always been our top priority. In the meantime, we encourage everyone to take care of
yourselves and your loved ones. We look forward to serving you again soon, safely and with care.
Dr. Poulos, Dr. Fisher, and your Team at Kingsway Dermatology & Cosmetic Centre
Please review the following to confirm your fitness to enter the facility:
- Do you currently have any of the following symptoms?
- Severe cough
- Significant nasal congestion or runny nose
- Fever > 38 °C
- Muscle pains
- Shortness of breath
- Reduced or lost sense of smell
- Have you failed to use social distancing in the last two weeks?
- Have you come into contact with anyone suspected of having COVID-19 or diagnosed with COVID-19 in the last 2 weeks?